Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Interview: Elliott Wilson's Sit Down With The 'Born Sinner'




As J. Cole preps the release of his highly anticipated sophomore album, Born Sinner, he sat down with hip hop insider and journalist Elliot Wilson. The two sat in a lounge setting in front of a live studio audience in NYC and discussed the upcoming album with Cole spilling one backstory after another.
Read the rest after the jump


As a self-proclaimed hip hop geek, I am intrigued by elaborate interviews with my favorite artists. In my opinion, J. Cole is a bonafide lyricist and among the most talented rappers to emerge on the hip hop scene in recent years. For me, I became a huge fan of the North Carolina MC because I could see he was indeed a fellow hip hop head who happened to be a rapper. He constantly gives props to the legends whom I enjoy and works to become amongst those elite in hip hop history.

Born Sinner will drop June 18th, and I for one am definitely excited to see how Cole has improved from his last effort. The 18th is also intriguing because the great Kanye West is dropping his sixth solo album 'Yeezus' on that exact date. This guy is also one of my personal favorites and I'm expecting another classic for him. But I think J. Cole can really propel his career if his album delivers. Many including myself expected his first album to be a definite classic; Born Sinner has the potential to allow Cole to "repent" to the hip hop Gods and release that undeniable classic he is most definitely capable of.

Check the full interview Elliott Wilson and J. Cole interview below. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment